It is the mission of the Mississippi Association of Chiefs of Police to be a leader in promoting professionalism among all law enforcement officers of the State of Mississippi by encouraging quality education through proactive training and educational programs.
Strive to endorse legislation which has positive effects on law enforcement’s ability to reduce crime and the fear of crime in the State of Mississippi.
Encourage the mutual sharing of resources and ideas among all law enforcement entities statewide by reinforcing open lines of communications and being the Vanguard for the future of professional law enforcement within the State of Mississippi.
To forge a partnership between law enforcement and the citizens they serve to enhance the quality of life in every community within the State of Mississippi.
THE PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF THIS ASSOCIATION SHALL BE:
- To secure a closer official relationship among police officers throughout the state of Mississippi.
- To secure unity of action in all police matters.
- To select the proper personnel and fully utilize the training and educational facilities available throughout the state in order to better equip all police officers to meet modern-day law enforcement needs.
- To elevate the standard of police institutions and the police profession.
- To pursue humane efforts in the enforcement of laws.
- To encourage the advancement of perfection of a uniform police system with the state of Mississippi.
- To encourage membership and affiliation of members of this body within the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
Constitution and Bylaws (PDF)
Administration / Business Committee – Chief Joey East, Chief Will Jones, Chief Wayne Payne, Chief Juan Gray
Legislative Committee – Chief Joey East, Chief Walter Armstrong, Chief Leonard Papania, Chief Luke Thompson, Chief John Miller
Standards and Training – Chief Don Gammage, Chief Joey East
Resolution Committee – Chief Terry Tyler, Chief Charles Bingham, Chief Ernie Scarber
Membership Committee – Chief Don Gammage, Chief Leonard Papania, Chief Walter Armstrong
Convention / Historical Committee – Chief Luke Thompson, Chief Byron Swilley, Chief David Eldridge